Wild Places Rescue is an all-volunteer non-profit animal rescue with two locations: one in Guffey, Colorado, and one in northern Alabama. We rescue all types of animals, but currently focus our efforts on horses, goats, dogs, cats, and chickens.
- Food stores (hay, grain)
- Veterinary supplies and services
- Fuel for transporting horses from their origin to Wild Places
- Fundraising expenses, including publications, advertising, web hosting, ISP, etc.
- Farrier services
- Tools / grooming supplies
- Computer hardware/software
- Legal/accounting services
- Food containers, buckets, scoops, wheelbarrows, picks, hoses, etc.
- monetary donations and sponsorships from individuals, businesses, and foundations
- in-kind donations from suppliers of food, supplies, and services
- in-kind donations from community Freecycle groups
- applying for grants
- Feeding horses
- Applying for grants
- Planning fundraising events and activities
- Soliciting businesses for in-kind donations
- Sam Price Family Foundation
- Serving as sanctuary to other species of animals (when it becomes financially feasible).
- Implementing a program for special-needs children (inner-city kids, kids with physical/emotional/learning disabilities, kids who have been abused/neglected, kids with a terminal illness, etc.) to spend time with the animals and learn how to interact with and train the animals.
- Working with other animal welfare organizations to educate the public about responsible pet ownership, proper animal care, and spay/neuter programs.
The Wild Places - by Dan Fogelberg (1951-2007)
I was walking alone through the lofty San Juans
With a heart full of light and a head full of songs
I was thinking of time and how much it will cost
To recapture the souls that we surely have lost
In the cities and towns there are millions who dream
But the traffic's so loud that you can't hear them scream
There's a heaven on earth that so few ever find
Though the map's in your soul and the road's in your mind
So many mountains before us, so many rivers to cross
Where is the wisdom to bring back the vision we've lost?
Can we gaze with the wonder of children, into the deafening night?
Has it gotten so dark that we cannot remember the light?
When you sleep on the ground with the stars in your face
You can feel the full length of the beauty and grace
In the Wild Places, man is an unwelcome guest
But it's here that I'm found and it's here I feel blessed
Help Wild Places Rescue every time you shop online through iGive.com!